One taken to hospital after Lincoln garage fire

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — One person was hospitalized after a garage fire in Lincoln on Friday.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue responded to the blaze near 14th and A Streets about 3:30 p.m.

LFR said the fire was relatively small and contained to one corner of the detached garage.

Investigators think the fire was sparked in a pile of leaves and sticks leaning against the garage. But they’re not yet sure how the pile started on fire.

The property owner suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, according to LFR.

Authorities estimate the damage to the building at $10,000 to $15,000.

Categories: Lancaster, News