Rain transitions to snow by the afternoon 1/6/2021
Your Wednesday is off to a soggy start! Scattered showers will continue to push through the area for the rest of the morning and well into the afternoon. Some of you could see a transition to snow by the afternoon, while others will have rain up until the evening thanks to warmer temperatures. Overall highs today will top out in the mid–30s with a potentially slushy evening commute home. I highly recommend keeping the umbrella and snow brush handy today, just in case you run into both types of precipitation. This will continue into the overnight hours with lows dropping down to the upper 20s. By the time the winter system pushes out tomorrow morning, southeast Nebraska could have a dusting up to two inches of snow on the ground.
- TODAY: Rain showers will persist for most of the day today before we could see a transition to snow by the evening. Snow totals around Lincoln range from a dusting to two inches by Thursday morning. HIGH: 38
- THURSDAY: The winter system pushes out, leaving us with overcast skies and highs in the mid-30s. HIGH: 36
- FRIDAY: Temperatures fall down to the low 30s with the chance for snow flurries throughout the day. HIGH: 30
- SATURDAY: Cold with scattered snow flurries. HIGH: 28
- SUNDAY: Coldest day of the weekend with highs in the mid-20s. HIGH: 26
Meteorologist Brittany Foster