Record shattering high temperatures today 12/1/2021
The first day of December is off to a mild start as temperatures are in the upper 30s and low 40s across southeast NE. Clouds from overnight are starting to push out and this could result in a few more upper 30s in the area until sunrise. Once the sun goes up, we all will quickly warm up today back to well above average highs in the upper 60s. Several cities could break high temperatures records today as we will be 30 to 35 degrees above average for the first day of December. Tomorrow will be even warmer and another day where records will be shattered, with highs in the low 70s and mostly sunny skies. A cold front starts to cool us down Friday with highs returning to the 40s and 50s just in time for the weekend. A dry pattern is still set up through most of next week.
- TODAY: Warm start to December as highs will flirt with the low 70s! HIGH: 69
- THURSDAY: Even warmer out with record shattering temperatures in the low 70s. HIGH: 73
- FRIDAY: A cold front cools us back into the mid-50s for highs with breezy winds and partly cloudy skies. HIGH: 56
- SATURDAY: Even cooler as highs return to the mid-40s. HIGH: 46
- SUNDAY: A tad warmer temperatures in the low 50s with breezy winds.
Meteorologist Brittany Foster