Red Cross moving locations in Lincoln
Press Release Courtesy of Red Cross:
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA— In an effort to reaffirm its commitment to the community and better serve its clients, the American Red Cross of Capital Area and Eastern Nebraska has announced the move of the chapter office located Lincoln. In June, the current location at 220 Oakcreek Drive will close and the new location will open at 4600 Valley Road in Lincoln.
“There will be no disruption of services as this move is made and the community will not see changes in the way the Red Cross delivers services,” said Capital Area and Eastern Nebraska Executive Director Steph Novacek. “Behind the scenes, we will work efficiently and share responsibilities, so we can maximize the use of donor dollars to serve more people and add to the outcomes of our clients.”
Direct service volunteers and staff will continue to provide core humanitarian services, including relief for disaster victims, assistance to military families, and health and safety training, while collecting live-saving blood through community blood drives.
In 2018, the Red Cross of Capital Area and Eastern Nebraska has:
- Responded to more than 155 home fires
- Installed 446 smoke alarms and made 325 homes safer
- Reached more than 3,000 3rd-5th graders through the Pillowcase Project
- Collected nearly 24,600 units of blood
- Trained more than 9,570 people through Training Services courses
- Provided assistance in 394 cases through the Service to the Armed Forces
More in-depth information about the Red Cross mission can be found at redcross.org.