Sarpy County officials use grant to prevent underage drinking
In the month of September, the Sarpy County Sheriff’s Office participated in multiple operations focused on the enforcement of underage drinking. The grant allowed over 50 overtime hours focused on the enforcement of laws associated with underage drinking and the procuring of alcohol to minors. The Special Enforcement concluded with a joint operation with Nebraska State Patrol, Troop A.
The operations involved extra patrols in areas of the county affected by underage drinking. At the time of this release, over 25 contacts were made which included:
- One Possession of Controlled Substance (Prescription Medication) arrest
- Four Minor in Possession of Alcohol arrests
- Two Possession of Drug Paraphernalia arrests
- Two Possession of Marijuana arrests
- One Theft by Shoplifting arrest
- One Misdemeanor Warrant arrest
- One Driving Under Suspension arrest
- One Open Container citation
- One Provisional Operators Permit citation
- One Speeding (94mph in a 45mph zone) citation
- Four warrant requests for Theft by Shoplifting and Minor in Possession of Alcohol
Funding from Project Extra Mile made these operations possible. The Sheriff’s Office values the relationship we have with this great organization, who is dedicated to the prevention and reduction of alcohol-related harms. The Sheriff’s Office is grateful to Nebraska State Patrol, Troop A for their collaboration with this month’s operation.