Scattered showers likely today with cooler temps 11/10/2021
Your Wednesday is off to a cloudy and cool start today as temperatures are currently holding on strong to the 40s across southeast NE. A few isolated showers are possible around and after sunrise, so grab the rain gear just to be safe. But you will mainly need your rain gear for the second half of your Wednesday. Scattered showers spread across the area this afternoon and evening with the best chance for rain in far southeast NE. There also is the potential for a few strong to severe storms close to Falls City, while further west around Lincoln will only get showers. Rain totals will likely be below half an inch, so this won’t be a soaker type of event. Highs reach the upper 50s today with cloudy skies the entire day. Clouds clear out overnight tonight and temperature drop in the mid-30s. Cooler air moves in for the end of the week and highs only reach the low to mid-40s with windy conditions. We gradually warm into early next week and another chance of rain returns come next Wednesday.
- TODAY: Cloudy with the chance for scattered showers increasing this afternoon and evening. HIGH: 58
- THURSDAY: Much cooler with highs in the upper 40s to low 50s and gusty winds. HIGH: 50
- FRIDAY: Chilly highs with temperatures only in the low 40s and strong wind gusts. HIGH: 42
- SATURDAY: Still well below average with highs in the low 40s and mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 44
- SUNDAY: Breezy winds again with highs in the low 40s. HIGH: 43
Meteorologist Brittany Foster