SCC donates truckloads of protective gear to Lincoln hospitals
Southeast Community College on Wednesday donated much-needed medical supplies to two Lincoln hospitals.
SCC volunteers loaded up trucks with protective gloves, masks, gowns and other items and delivered them to Bryan Health and CHI.
Because SCC moved to remote classes, their labs that usually require the protective gear don’t need them anymore.
“I believe we are better together and in times like this we need to work together as a community, and serve,” said Jill Sand, SCC Dean of Health Sciences. “There is helpers in every situation and we want to be one of those.”
You can find a breakdown of the supplies donated below:
· 110 boxes of gloves (XS to XL)
· 700 pairs of sterile gloves (varies sizes)
· 150 gowns/disposable lab coats
· 20 boxes of masks (at least 50 in each)
CHI St Elizabeth:
· 119 boxes of gloves (XS to XL)
· 800 pairs of sterile gloves (varies sizes)
· 200 gowns/disposable lab coats
· 25 boxes of masks (at least 50 in each)