Several unseasonably warm days ahead 11/29/2021
Your Monday is off to a mild start with temperatures in the 30s for most with light winds and mostly clear skies. Wind speeds are expected to increase throughout the morning with a quick increase in temperatures as well. We are in for a warm November day today as highs will reach the upper 60s and low 70s across the area. Highs are normally in the mid-40s this time of the month, so today will be a warm treat. We’ll also see a NW breeze, but nothing extremely gusty as wind gusts will only be a little above 20 mph. Wind speeds calm down overnight and temperatures cool into the mid to upper 30s with increasing clouds. The clouds hang around all day tomorrow and some of Nebraska could see a few sprinkles tomorrow morning. But, we are pretty dry at the surface though, so the chance for these sprinkles to reach the surface is low. Temperatures stay above average for the end of November and start of December, with highs in the 60s through the weekend. Then much cooler air moves in just in time for the weekend and early next week. The overall weather pattern also remains pretty dry ahead.
- TODAY: Chilly start to the day with a quick warm up for the second half. Temperatures will warm into the upper 60s and low 70s with mostly sunny skies and a light breeze. HIGH: 70
- TUESDAY: On the cooler side, but still above average with highs in the upper 50s and mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 57
- WEDESDAY: Warm for the first day of December with highs in the mid to upper 60s. HIGH: 65
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny skies with potential record-breaking highs. HIGH: 69
- FRIDAY: A tad cooler as a cold front pushes through during the day. HIGH: 59
Meteorologist Brittany Foster