Soggy Friday forecast 4/16/2021
Most of southeast Nebraska is currently dry with the majority of the moisture off to the west near the Tri-Cities. Temperatures are cold enough in the Tri-Cities that they are seeing snow. If you plan on traveling west on I-80 in the next few hours, roads might be slick so use caution. Temperatures are just starting to fall out of the low 40s and into the 30s around Lincoln. So make sure to grab the heavy coat and the umbrella, because these showers and cool temperatures will continue for the rest of the day. Highs today will top out in the upper 40s due to scattered showers pushing through the area into the evening and overnight hours. The rain pushes out Saturday afternoon and we dry out for the rest of the weekend. High temperatures finally return near normal on Sunday before they drop again into early next week.
- TODAY: Snow off to the west near the Tri-Cities during the morning might make roads slick. Snow transitions into rain for the rest of the day across southeast Nebraska. HIGH: 47
- SATURDAY: AM showers push out by the afternoon with highs back in the low to mid-50s. HIGH: 54
- SUNDAY: Even warmer with highs back in the low 60s! HIGH: 60
- MONDAY: A bit cooler thanks to scattered rain showers and windy conditions from a cold front. HIGH: 54
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 50s. HIGH: 52
Meteorologist Brittany Foster