Still mild with a bit of rain in the forecast 8/4/2021
Your Wednesday is off to a beautiful start as temperatures are sitting in the 70s for most as of 9:30 AM. Clouds have built into the area and will stick around through the day today with a bit of a hazy appearance to the sky thanks to wildfire smoke. The smoke is now higher in the atmosphere across Nebraska though, so air quality is no longer a major issue in Lincoln as well as in Omaha.
The chance for showers and thunderstorms returns as we head into the afternoon and evening. These storms aren’t expected to be severe and not everyone will see them. The best chance for a scattered shower or two will be late this evening for southeast Nebraska.
Highs will still warm in the mid-80s with breezy southerly winds during the evening. We continue to warm into the weekend with highs reaching the 90s by Friday. Heat index values could be near the triple digits this weekend and rain chances return late in the day Saturday.
- TODAY: Chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms during the day. Better chance for rain this evening with highs in the mid-80s. HIGH: 85
- THURSDAY: AM scattered showers possible with highs in the upper 80s. HIGH: 88
- FRIDAY: The 90s are back with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 92
- SATURDAY: Warmer with humid conditions! HIGH: 94
- SUNDAY: Highs still in the low 90s with a chance for rain late in the day. HIGH: 93
Meteorologist Brittany Foster