Storm chances & cooling temperatures this weekend 8/27/2021
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are popping up across eastern Nebraska this morning. Some of you might start off your Friday with a soggy morning commute. Temperatures are sitting in the 70s across the area with muggy conditions. We are in for another hot day today as highs warm into the mid to upper 90s with heat index values in the triple digits. Isolated showers and thunderstorms could continue into the afternoon and evening, but mostly sunny skies are in the forecast in southeast Nebraska. A better chance for rain arrives late Saturday and continues into Sunday. Highs cool back down into the 80s as a result and they remain in the upper 80 and low 90s into next week.
- TODAY: Temperatures warm into the mid to upper 90s with heat index values in the triple digits. Isolated chance for thunderstorms late this afternoon and evening. HIGH: 97
- SATURDAY: Still stuck in the mid-90s! Chance for strong to severe storms late in the day. HIGH: 95
- SUNDAY: Cooler temperatures finally return to Nebraska. Highs only warm into the mid-80s with the chance for scattered rain. HIGH: 85
- MONDAY: Temperatures hover near average in the mid-80s with an isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 87
- TUESDAY: The 90s return with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 90
Meteorologist Brittany Foster