Strong to severe storms likely later today 5/24/2021
A few leftover showers are still pushing through the area from this morning’s rain. But most of the area is starting to dry out and see a bit of sunshine through the clouds. Temperatures are slowly climbing into the 70s across most of the area with light winds out of the south. Keep the rain gear handy as you head into the afternoon because more showers and thunderstorms will likely pop up into evening and overnight tonight. Highs will top out in the 80s today with more 80s on the way for most of the week. Several chances for thunderstorms are also in the forecast for the week. Some of them could possibly be on the severe side.
- TODAY: AM showers with a brief break from the rain around noon. Highs warm to the low to mid-80s, and strong to severe storms are likely any time after 4 PM. HIGH: 84
- TUESDAY: Scattered thunderstorms throughout the day with highs in the low 80s. HIGH: 82
- WEDNESDAY: PM thunderstorms likely with the concern for severe weather. HIGH: 84
- THURSDAY: Temperatures drop back to the 70s with lingering thunderstorms. HIGH: 76
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the 70s. HIGH: 74
Meteorologist Brittany Foster