Stuck below freezing 12/30/2020
Your Thursday morning forecast is looking a bit calmer today as we aren’t dealing with any falling precipitation. Wind speeds are a bit gusty though, with peak gusts around 25mph. These high wind speeds will calm down as we head into the afternoon and our temperatures will quickly warm out of the teens. Overall high temperatures will struggle to warm above average today with highs only in the upper 20s and widespread sunshine. We could see some minor melting today as a result of the sunshine, but not much since temperatures will be so cold. Overnight temperatures drop down to the single digits to start off New Year’s Eve, but conditions are still looking dry as of now as we end 2020. There is a slight chance some of us could see snow on New Year’s Day, but it appears most of the area should stay dry.
- TODAY: Temperatures will struggle to break out of the 20s with sunny skies. HIGH: 29
- NEW YEAR’S EVE: Off to a cold start in the single digits, with highs eventually warming to the low 30s. HIGH: 30
- NEW YEAR’S DAY: Slight chance for snow flurries far to the southeast, with highs in the upper 20s. HIGH: 27
- SATURDAY: Breezy conditions and a bit warmer. HIGH: 34
- SUNDAY: Even warmer, with highs in the upper 30s and sunny skies. HIGH: 37
Meteorologist Brittany Foster