Sunny today ahead of the rain 4/5/2021
Temperatures are currently falling into the mid–40s across southeast Nebraska thanks to partly cloudy skies. Wind speeds are still noticeable, but are more relaxed compared to the blustery conditions yesterday. I highly recommend wearing a light jacket this morning, because even though the winds aren’t strong, they still are enough to make it feel a few degrees cooler outside. This trend will persist into the rest of the day, with highs back in the mid to upper 60s. Widespread sunshine returns to the forecast for the afternoon and evening and the clear skies will last into overnight tonight. This will allow temperatures to drop down to the 30s overnight, so make sure to check if your plants can stay out in the cold. We are stuck in the 60s through the weekend with several rain chances ahead. Our next best chance of rain is throughout the day on Wednesday.
- TODAY: Sunshine returns for the afternoon and evening, with highs in the mid to upper 60s. HIGH: 66
- WEDNESDAY: Scattered showers throughout the day with highs in the mid-60s. HIGH: 65
- THURSDAY: We dry out for the day and temperatures stay in the 60s. HIGH: 64
- FRIDAY: Scattered showers with highs still in the mid-60s. HIGH: 65
- SATURDAY: More scattered showers with cooler highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 63
Meteorologist Brittany Foster