Sunshine returns today 3/18/2021
We are off to a quiet start on this Thursday morning and southeast Nebraska is finally free of fog. But overcast skies are still stuck over the area and temperatures are chilly! Make sure to bundle up before you head out, as temperatures are currently in the 30s for most with wind chill values in the 20s. As we head into the afternoon, clouds will begin to clear and sunshine will finally return! This will help heat temperatures back near average in the low 50s today. While it will be warmer and cloud free, southeast Nebraska will still be stuck with blustery wind gusts up to 35 mph. We finally see calm wind speeds briefly tomorrow with more sunshine and high temperatures in the mid-50s. Temperatures continue to warm into the weekend with above average highs and windy conditions.
- TODAY: Clearing skies with afternoon sunshine and near normal highs in the low 50s. Wind gusts will peak in the mid-30s throughout the day. HIGH: 52
- FRIDAY: Even warmer with sunny skies and calm winds. HIGH: 56
- SATURDAY: The first day of spring will definitely feel like it! Highs will warm to the low 60s with mostly sunny skies and blustery conditions. HIGH: 63
- SUNDAY: Highs flirt with the low 70s with windy conditions. HIGH: 70
- MONDAY: A bit cooler thanks to a cold front. Scattered showers are expected throughout the day. HIGH: 55
Meteorologist Brittany Foster