Sunshine with highs in the 60s again 5/6/2021
Your Thursday is off to a dry start this morning with clearing skies and temperatures in the 30s and 40s. Make sure to grab a jacket for the first half of your day today, since most of the area is currently on the chilly side. Patchy frost is also possible in a few spots this morning, so keep that in mind as you head out and about. Widespread sunshine will overtake southeast Nebraska this afternoon and evening, which will warm temperatures to the upper 60s. Wind speeds will stay on the lighter side, but will eventually switch out of the southwest by the evening. The wind stays calm overnight and temperatures drop to the low 40s. Overnight lows in the 40s linger on for the next several days and highs are stuck in the 60s for most. Our next best chance of rain arrives on Saturday.
- TODAY: Sunny skies today with highs back in the upper 60s. HIGH: 67
- FRIDAY: More sunshine and highs soar back to the low 70s. HIGH: 70
- SATURDAY: Temperatures drop thanks to rain chances throughout the day. HIGH: 64
- SUNDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with the slight chance for a few lingering AM showers. Dry the rest of the day with highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 63
- MONDAY: More cloudy skies with highs in the low to mid- 60s. HIGH: 64
Meteorologist Brittany Foster