Sweltering hot weekend forecast 7/23/2021
We are off to a slightly warmer start for your Friday with temperatures sitting in the 60s and 70s across southeast Nebraska. Skies are clear and a nice southerly breeze is resulting in a pleasant morning. High temperatures will warm to the mid-90s by the afternoon with mostly sunny skies and slightly more humid conditions.
We warm even more tomorrow with highs flirting with the upper 90s and heat index values in the triple digits. A Heat Advisory will go into effect starting at noon tomorrow and will last until 8 PM.
We cool down a bit for Sunday and Monday thanks to the chance for some rain, but then temperatures quickly warm right back up going into next week.
- TODAY: Mild start to the day with a big jump up in temperatures by the afternoon. Highs reach the mid-90s for most with heat index values near the triple digits. HIGH: 95
- SATURDAY: HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT from 12 PM to 8 PM. Heat index values will be 100+ with actual air temperatures in the upper 90s. HIGH: 97
- SUNDAY: A little cooler thanks to the chance for scattered rain. HIGH: 90
- MONDAY: Still on the cooler side with highs in the low 90s and mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 90
- TUESDAY: Upper 90s return with heat index values back above the triple digits. HIGH: 98
Meteorologist Brittany Foster