Three more COVID deaths in Lincoln
Health officials also reported 179 new cases on Tuesday
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – On Tuesday, the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department reported three more deaths due to COVID-19.
It was a man in his 40s who was not hospitalized and unvaccinated, a man in his 50s who was hospitalized and unvaccinated, and a man in his 70s who was hospitalized and vaccinated.
This now brings our death total to 276.
Health officials also reported 274 cases over the holiday weekend and 159 cases Tuesday.
Total number of cases now stands at 36,448
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 93 with 63 from Lancaster County (4 on ventilators) and 30 from other communities (4 on ventilators)
Risk Dial: mid-orange, high risk of COVID-19 spread and impact in the community
Directed Health Measure: The current DHM is effective through September 30 and includes a mask requirement for all individuals ages 2 and older regardless of vaccination status. More information on the health measure and masks is available at lincoln.ne.gov/DHM and lincoln.ne.gov/mask.
Vaccinations administered (vaccination goal is 75%):
- Initiated vaccinations (first doses): 197,622
- Completed vaccinations (second doses and J&J vaccine): 184,309
- Residents age 16 and older who are fully vaccinated: 71.6%
Vaccinations: The delta variant is driving the rapid increase in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in Lancaster County. Every person vaccinated creates needed protection for the community. The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) strongly urges everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated. Vaccination helps prevent severe illness, saves lives, and slows further spread of the virus. Residents age 12 and older are eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine. Find a clinic near you at COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov. Walk-ins are welcome or schedule an appointment. Residents can also find a local pharmacy offering vaccinations at vaccines.gov or by texting their ZIP code to 438829.
Those who do not have online access or who need assistance with registration or scheduling may call the LLCHD COVID-19 hotline at 402-441-8006 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Upcoming vaccination clinics (subject to change; walk-ins welcome at all locations):
- Wednesday, September 8, 4 to 6 p.m., LLCHD, 3131 “O” St. – first and second doses
- Friday, September 10, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LLCHD – first and second doses; 4 to 5 p.m., Gathering Place, 1144 “M” St. – first and second doses, walk-ins only
- Monday, September 13, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LLCHD – first and second doses
- Wednesday, September 15, 3 to 5 p.m., Nebraska Wesleyan University, Acklie Hall of Science, 4950 Baldwin Ave. – first and second doses
- Friday, September 17, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LLCHD – first and second doses