Triple digit heat index values are back for your Monday 8/23/2021
We are off to a muggy start to your Monday as temperatures are sitting in the 70s with humid conditions. Some of you are also seeing a few rain drops out there as showers are moving eastward south of I-80 this morning. These showers will continue to weaken as we head closer to sunrise and we will have an overall drier afternoon and evening. A few spotty showers and thunderstorms are likely this evening in northeast Nebraska, but the biggest topic in the world of weather today is the heat and humidity!
High temperatures will soar into the upper 90s today with heat index values in the triple digits.
These hot and humid conditions will continue into your Tuesday with above average temperatures for the rest of the week. Daily rain chances are also likely through the weekend.
- TODAY: High’s soar into the upper 90s with humid conditions. Heat index values reach the triple digits with a small chance for scattered rain mainly in northeast Nebraska. HIGH: 97
- TUESDAY: Another hot day with triple digit heat index values and scattered rain possible. HIGH: 98
- WEDNESDAY: A tad bit cooler but still humid. Chance for rain in the afternoon and evening. HIGH: 92
- THURSDAY: Isolated chance for rain with highs in the low 90s. HIGH: 92
- FRIDAY: Another day with a small chance for isolated rain and highs in the low 90s. HIGH: 93
Meteorologist Brittany Foster