Triple digit heat returns for your Wednesday 8/25/2021
The showers and thunderstorms from early this morning are starting to push out of the state, leaving us with a bit drier conditions just in time for the morning commute. Cities around I-80 saw 1-2″ of rain into early this morning. We won’t add anymore rain onto that total for today, as we will dry out by the afternoon. Current temperatures are in the 70 with mostly cloudy skies, but sunshine will return later today and will help boost our temperatures up. Highs will reach the low to mid-90s today with heat index values in the triple digits.
A Heat Advisory has been issued as a result, and will go into effect at 12PM and will remain in effect until 8 PM today. The heat and humidity continue to stick around for the rest of the week with daily rain chances.
- TODAY: Drying out into the afternoon with heat index values in the triple digits. HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT 12-8PM HIGH: 93
- THURSDAY: Another hot day with feels like temps in the triple digits and an isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 98
- FRIDAY: Isolated chance for rain with triple digit heat index values. HIGH: 96
- SATURDAY: A little cooler with highs in the low 90s and heat index values in the upper 90s. HIGH: 93
- SUNDAY: Heat relief! Highs return to the mid-80s with scattered rain throughout the day. HIGH: 85
Meteorologist Brittany Foster