Two additional COVID-19 related deaths
The two deaths have been reported in Hall and Hamilton counties.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has confirmed two additional deaths related to COVID-19.
The deaths were reported in Hall and Hamilton counties. In addition, Hitchcock County has recorded its first case.
Local health departments are reporting deaths and cases in their jurisdictions. In the event of a discrepancy between DHHS dashboard data and deaths or cases reported by local public health officials, data reported by the local health department should be considered the most up to date.
The total number of COVID-19-related deaths in the state to date is 70, according to the DHHS data dashboard. The state case total, as of 5:45 pm Central Daylight Time, is 4,281.
DHHS is urging Nebraskans to follow the Six Rules to Keep Nebraska Healthy.
- Stay home. No non-essential errands and no social gatherings. Respect the ten-person limits.
- Socially distance your work. Work from home or use the six-foot rule as much as possible in the workplace.
- Shop alone. Do this only once a week and do not take your family with you.
- Help kids social distance. Play at home, no group sports and no playgrounds.
- Help seniors stay at home. This can be done by shopping for them. Do not visit long-term facilities.
- Exercise daily. Do your best to stay as healthy and safe as you can.