Unemployment Rate Lowest in State History
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – According to Governor Pete Ricketts, Nebraska’s Unemployment rate has dropped to 2.0%.
Nebraska’s rate of 2.0% is the lowest recorded rate in state history. It is also tied for the lowest monthly unemployment rate recorded for any state.
“During the pandemic, we’ve worked together to keep Nebraskans healthy and protect livelihoods,” said Gov. Ricketts. “Communities across the state have supported our small businesses. Companies continue to choose the Cornhusker State as a place to build and grow. There has never been a better time to find a great-paying job in the Good Life!”
Nebraska’s Preliminary Employment Statistics for September of 2021:
- Unemployment Rate of 2.0%
- #1 in the Nation
- Lowest rate on record for Nebraska
- Tied for the lowest rate ever recorded for any state
- Labor Force Participation of 68.4%
- #3 in nation (behind North and South Dakota)
- Employment-to-Population Ratio of 67.0%
- #1 in nation