Warmer today with more sunshine 9/23/2021
We are off to another chilly start this morning with temperatures in the 40s across southeast NE. I highly recommend grabbing your jacket or coat this morning to keep you warm, but you can shed it later today. Highs will be on the warmer side today and above average thanks to the return of southerly winds. These winds will help us top out in the low 80s with widespread sunshine today.
Clouds increase overnight as a cold front approaches the area. Temperatures drop down to the mid-50s overnight with mostly cloudy skies come Friday morning. Highs tomorrow will be cooler in the mid-70s thanks to the cold front that will bring in cooler air.
We warm back into the mid-80s for the weekend with dry conditions and only a slight chance for rain on Friday.
- TODAY: Winds out of the south warm us up a bit more today and bring highs back into the low 80s. HIGH: 82
- FRIDAY: AM cold front returns winds out of the northwest and leaves us with cooler highs in the mid-70s. Isolated chance for rain during the day. HIGH: 75
- SATURDAY: A tad bit warmer with highs near average in the upper 70s. HIGH: 78
- SUNDAY: Feeling more like summer with widespread sunshine and highs in the mid to upper 80s. HIGH: 86
- MONDAY: Still above average in the mid-80s and dry. HIGH: 86
Meteorologist Brittany Foster