Warmer & windy end to the week 11/19/2021
Clouds are starting to build into the area this morning and temperatures are in the 30s for most. But wind speeds are resulting in 20 degree wind chill values, so dress for the 20s before you head outside this morning. Clouds and wind speeds will increase throughout the morning resulting in a mostly cloudy and breezy Friday afternoon and evening. Wind gusts above 35 mph are expected at times today out of the south, and while annoying, this will actually help warm temperatures back near average today. Highs will reach the low to mid-50s across the area today. We stay mild in the 50s for the first half of the weekend, but then a cold front cools us down to the upper 40s for your Sunday. Breezy northwest winds also return Sunday, leaving us with cooler air as we start off the new work week. The weather pattern remains dry as of now.
- TODAY: Clouds and wind speeds increase this morning and linger into the afternoon and evening. Southerly wind gusts above 30 mph are likely today. HIGH: 53
- SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with highs still in the low to mid-50s. HIGH: 54
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny skies and breezy! HIGH: 47
- MONDAY: Chilly highs in the low 40s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 41
- TUESDAY: Breezy winds return as well as highs in the low 50s. HIGH: 50
Meteorologist Brittany Foster