Warmest day of the week 11/19/2020
The warmest day of the week is finally here and we are already starting off with mild temperatures this morning. Temperatures are in the upper 40s and low 50s across southeast Nebraska and wind speeds have finally calmed down. The southerly winds are one of the main reasons we are above average this morning, but clouds have also helped prevent us from cooling. They will stick around throughout the day today and highs will quickly warm to the mid-70s by the afternoon. Late in the evening a cold front moves through with cooler air behind it. As a result, temperatures will continue to drop the next several days with highs eventually returning to the 40s by the weekend. Rain chances also arrive going into Saturday.
- TODAY: Warmest day of the week as highs will be in the mid-70s across southeast Nebraska. Winds shift to the northwest in the afternoon thanks to a cold front that drops southward. HIGH: 75
- FRIDAY: Temperatures drop back down to the mid-50s with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 57
- SATURDAY: Scattered showers throughout the day with highs in the mid-40s. HIGH: 46
- SUNDAY: Another chilly day with highs near average in the mid-40s. HIGH: 47
- MONDAY: We warm up a bit with mostly sunny skies and breezy conditions. HIGH: 52
Meteorologist Brittany Foster