Warmest day of the week 2/3/2021
We are off to another foggy start on this Wednesday morning! Visibility is around 1 mile for most of southeast Nebraska and the fog will likely stick around until the late morning hours. Temperatures are currently a mixed bag, from the teens all the way to the low 30s this morning. But later today everyone will warm above average to the low 40s with mostly cloudy skies. Wind speeds out of the south will increase throughout the day providing a bit of a breeze. But come tonight into early tomorrow morning, the wind will shift out of the northwest gusting up to 40 mph and it will bring in colder air all thanks to a cold front. It will also bring rain that eventually will transition into snow during the first half of your Thursday. The morning commute looks messy with low visibility thanks to near blizzard like conditions. Snow totals by the end of Thursday could be up to 3” in some spots with falling temperatures into the evening. Arctic air sticks around beyond the weekend with a few more small chances for snow.
- TODAY: Warmest day of the week with highs in the low to mid-40s. Clouds will increase throughout the day with mostly cloudy skies likely by the evening. HIGH: 41
- THURSDAY: Messy AM commute with accumulating snow and gusty winds up to 40 mph lowering visibility. HIGH: 31
- FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with highs in the low 30s. HIGH: 31
- SATURDAY: Bitter cold with highs in the teens and light snow showers. Overnight lows well below zero! HIGH: 15
- SUNDAY: Even colder temperatures in the low teens with more light snow showers likely. Another night with overnight lows well below zero. HIGH: 10
Meteorologist Brittany Foster