Warming into Friday 7/8/2021
Temperatures are currently sitting in the 50s and 60s across southeast Nebraska with patchy fog limiting visibility. Use caution while driving during your commute this morning in case you run into the fog. Scattered showers and storms are moving through northeast Nebraska as well and these will dissipate before reaching the southeast. Widespread sunshine is on the way for your afternoon and evening with a tad bit warmer temperatures in the upper 80s. Temperatures soar into the 90s tomorrow with muggy conditions making it feel like the triple digits. We quickly drop into the weekend with highs in the 70s and scattered rain chances.
- TODAY: Some morning clouds possible with mostly sunny skies in the evening. HIGH: 88
- FRIDAY: High temperatures are back above average in the mid-90s with an increase in humidity. Heat index values for some will be around the triple digits. Our focus late in the day changes to the possibility of severe weather into early Saturday. HIGH: 95
- SATURDAY: Major drop in temperatures as highs plummet down into the upper 70s. Scattered rain chances throughout the day. HIGH: 79
- SUNDAY: Highs remain in the upper 70s. Chance for rain in the morning and then we dry out as the day progresses. HIGH: 78
- MONDAY: A tad bit warmer in the low 80s with the isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 81
Meteorologist Brittany Foster