Warming up with more sunshine today 6/1/2021
South of the area near the Kansas border this morning is starting off their Tuesday with dense fog! Visibility is well below a mile in several spots, so if you plan on traveling south this morning, use extra caution. Temperatures around the area are in the low 50s with partly cloudy skies. We will start off the day with clouds, but they will gradually decrease into the afternoon. This clearing will help warm temperatures into the upper 70s today! While I’m expecting a dry forecast for nearly everyone, there is a very small chance for a few afternoon and evening pop up showers. The odds of this happening are low, but the chance is still there. Highs will continue to warm into the end of the week and eventually we will see the 90s and sunshine by the weekend.
- TODAY: Clearing skies throughout the day will lead to a sunny ending to your Tuesday! High temperatures will quickly warm to the upper 70s into the evening for most. HIGH: 79
- WEDNESDAY: Even warmer with highs back to average in the low 80s. HIGH: 80
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid-80s. HIGH: 85
- FRIDAY: High temperatures will flirt with the low 90s! HIGH: 89
- SATURDAY: Hot and muggy! Highs will be in the low 90s and dew point temperatures will make it feel uncomfortable outside. HIGH: 90
Meteorologist Brittany Foster