Weekend winter system 1/29/2021
Temperatures are a bit milder this morning as most of us are sitting in the 20s with a few teens. Winds are currently pretty light so wind chill values are in the teens for all of us. Some of the area is dealing with clear skies while others are stuck in the clouds. This trend will continue into the afternoon as some of us will be on the edge of the line of clouds. But everyone will see clouds increasing into the evening with high temperatures near average in the mid-30s. Our weekend weather system still looks like it should mainly produce rain for southeast Nebraska. There is still a chance that we could see a winter mix before rain on Saturday though. It will rain most of the day before we see a transition over to snow late in the day into Sunday morning. Temperatures turn mild by Monday and sunny skies return.
- TODAY: Mostly cloudy skies with near average highs in the mid-30s. HIGH: 36
- SATURDAY: Afternoon rain showers with the chance for a winter mix. Rain transitions to snow by the evening. HIGH: 38
- SUNDAY: A bit cooler with the chance for a few lingering snow flurries in the morning. HIGH: 34
- MONDAY: Sunny skies with mild highs in the low 40s. HIGH: 40
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid-40s. HIGH: 44
Meteorologist Brittany Foster