Windy & Warm Wednesday 1/20/2021
We are starting off your Wednesday with chilly conditions as temperatures are currently sitting in the 20s. Wind gusts are around 30 mph this morning, so instead of feeling like the 20s it feels like the teens! Make sure to wear a heavy coat during the morning, but later today you won’t need it because we will see above average temperatures again. Highs soar up to the upper 50s today thanks to sunshine and gusty southwest winds. Wind gusts could peak around 45 mph through the afternoon and evening today, so make sure to secure any lose items outside. Temperatures drop for the rest of the week ahead of our next winter weather system. Accumulating snow is still in the forecast for this weekend.
- TODAY: The warmest day of the week! High temperatures will warm to the upper 50s today with mostly sunny skies. It will also be breezy again with wind gusts exceeding 35 mph at times. HIGH: 57
- THURSDAY: Temperatures start to drop, but highs remain above average. Mostly sunny skies with highs near the mid to upper 40s. HIGH: 47
- FRIDAY: Near average temperatures return with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 35
- SATURDAY: Overcast skies with the chance for snow showers. HIGH: 33
- SUNDAY: Winter mix likely throughout the day with accumulation possible. HIGH: 34
Meteorologist Brittany Foster