Winter weather on the way 12/28/2020
All is calm this morning as we start off the new work week. Current temperatures are sitting in the teens to twenties across southeast Nebraska with mostly cloudy skies. By the afternoon, some of us could see filtered sunshine and partly cloudy skies. Highs will top out in the low 30s before clouds start to build back into the area by the late evening hours. Conditions start to change as we head into overnight tonight and a winter weather system approaches Nebraska. Snow will start to fall near Grand Island around midnight, and it will gradually push eastward into early Tuesday morning. The first half of the day will consist of snow, before slowly transitioning into a mix and freezing rain for the second half of the day. Snow totals close to Lincoln range from 2-4” as of Monday morning.
- TODAY: Calm before the storm! Mostly cloudy skies with high temperatures in the low 30s. Snow starts to fall close to midnight. HIGH: 33
- TUESDAY: Snow showers for the first half of the day, before temperatures warm and a winter mix falls into the evening. Messy for the evening commute with overall highs in the low 30s. HIGH: 34
- WEDNESDAY: Temperatures fall down to the upper 20s with breezy conditions and partly cloudy skies. HIGH: 27
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid-20s. HIGH: 24
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the upper 20s. HIGH: 28
Meteorologist Brittany Foster