15-year-old accused of stabbing Waverly teen charged as adult

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A 15-year-old involved who is accused of stabbing a teen in Waverly was charged as an adult Monday, according to Lancaster County Attorney Pat Condon.

On Thursday, the boy, who was 14 at the time, stabbed another teen several times at Wayne Park.

The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated for “possible” life-threatening injuries, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office said.

Sheriff Terry Wagner said the victim is still recovering as of Monday morning.

The suspect was charged with attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault and two counts of using a deadly weapon to commit a felony, Condon said.

His bail was set at 10% of $1 million, according to Condon.

During a press conference last week, Wagner said he wouldn’t name the suspect because he believed that he committed the crime for notoriety.

SEE ALSO: Waverly teen recovering after being stabbed in the heart, sheriff’s office says

Categories: Lancaster, News, Top Stories