COVID death reported in Lancaster County
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Today, the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) reports another COVID death, bringing the community total to 236.
The individual has been identified as a man in his 70’s who was hospitalized.
In addition, 13 new cases of the virus were reported, bringing the community total to 31,285.
While the county has seen a total of 157 variant COVID-19 cases, broken down as follows:
- B.1.427/B.1.429 – first identified in California, 14 cases
- B.1.1.7 – first identified in the U.K., 132 cases
- B.1.1.318 – first identified in the U.K., 1 case
- B.1.351 – first identified in South Africa, 3 cases
- B.1.617 – first identified in India, 6 cases
- P.1 – first identified in Brazil, 1 case
Nearly 28,900 people have recovered from COVID-19 and more than 144,200 people have been fully vaccinated in Lancaster County.
Twenty COVID patients are hospitalized (14 are Lancaster County residents). Only one patient is on a ventilator.
Upcoming public mass vaccination clinics include:
- Thursday, May 20, Pinnacle Bank Arena – first and second doses
- Friday, May 21, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department – first and second doses
- Saturday, May 22, Gateway Mall – second dose drive-through clinic north of the garages of the former Sears store