Dog rescued from overnight fire at northwest Lincoln home

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — A Labrador puppy was saved from an overnight fire in northwest Lincoln late Monday night, according to Lincoln Fire & Rescue.

The home near Northwest Third Street and Northwest Tudor Lane sustained significant damage after a pellet smoker lit the upper deck on fire.

LFR tells Channel 8 it was called to the fire shortly after 11 p.m.

Crews predominately battled flames in the back of the home as the fire spread to the roof and attic.  Flames also moved through the house.

Northwest Third Street was blocked off for several hours as crews worked to contain the fire.

All residents and pets of the home were safely evacuated.

According to LFR spokeswoman Nancy Crist, an estimated $125,000 in damage was down to the home and an additional $50,000 in damage was done to its contents.

Categories: Breaking News, Nebraska News, News