Donate blood in June for a chance to win baseball tickets
You could win baseball tickets to June games in Omaha & Lincoln just by donating blood!
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN)- The local nonprofit, Nebraska Community Blood Banks (NCBB), is facing a blood and platelet shortage, amid the ongoing challenge of recruiting donors during a pandemic.
As a new way to thank blood donors, now through June 24th, everyone who donates blood will be entered in weekly drawings for a chance to win baseball tickets to June games in Omaha and Lincoln.
According to NCBB, over 50% of the blood supply was lost when community blood drives had to be canceled due to COVID-19, and supply remains low–less than a 3-day supply of all blood types.
Blood drives have started back up again, with extra precautions at all donation sites and a preference for appointments to maintain social distancing. Donors are required to wear a face mask.
Blood donation is safe and essential, and NCBB has a COVID-19 self-screening policy in addition to general
eligibility guidelines. In general, you may be eligible to donate if you are:
- In good health
- 17 years or older— or 16 with written parental consent (PDF available on NCBB.ORG)
- At least 110 pounds
- Free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken for preventative reasons
- Symptom-free for at least 72 hours following a cold or flu
- 6/1/21: Carlton Community 31 County Road 1 Carlton, Ne 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
- 6/3/21: Milford Community 115 N F Street Milford, Ne 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- 6/3/21: Methodist Health System 825 S. 169th Street Omaha, Ne 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 6/9/21: Water’s Edge Church Gretna, Ne 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- 6/14/21: Jefferson Community Health & Life 825 22nd Street Fairbury, Ne 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 6/16/21: St. Mark’s United Methodist Church 8550 Pioneers Blvd Lincoln, Ne 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- 6/16/21: Hickman Community 1201 Park Drive Hickman, Ne 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- 6/23/21: Seward Community 1625 Fairgrounds Circle Seward, Ne 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 6/25/21: Cattle Bank & Trust 104 S. 5th St. Seward, Ne 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
To make an appointment to donate blood, go to NCBB.org or call 1-877-486-9414.