Foggy start to the week 2/1/2021
Temperatures this morning are split in the 10-20s around the viewing area, but the biggest weather topic this morning is fog. Dense fog has formed to the west of Lincoln this morning, so visibility will drop westbound on I-80. Clouds will start to clear as we head into the afternoon to partly cloudy skies leading to filtered sunshine. Overall highs will warm to the mid-30s today around southeast Nebraska with light winds out of the southeast. We continue to warm into Wednesday and remain dry, but a winter mix arrives on Thursday. This mix will help drop temperatures and temperatures will continue to tumble down to the teens by the weekend. Overnight low will be near zero Sunday morning.
- TODAY: Fog will lift by the late morning hours and temperatures will eventually warm to the mid-30s today. HIGH: 34
- TUESDAY: Mild highs in the low 40s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 40
- WEDNESDAY: Last mild day before temperatures plunge. Partly cloudy skies with highs in the low 40s. HIGH: 42
- THURSDAY: Winter mix followed by snow. More details on this winter system later this week. HIGH: 34
- FRIDAY: Arctic air begins to settle in! Overcast skies with highs in the upper 20s. HIGH: 28
Meteorologist Brittany Foster