Update: 15 people taken to hospital after carbon monoxide exposure in northwest Lincoln

Update:

Lincoln Fire and Rescue says 15 people were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after a carbon monoxide leak Tuesday night.

LFR said they were dispatched to NW 22nd and Q Streets.

Mercy Western Manor, which has housing for low-income families, was evacuated.

When emergency crews arrived they took CO readings.

Battalion Chief Jim Bopp said, “When we got here, we discovered they did have CO readings in the west half of this structure.”

Everyone was evacuated from the west end of the structure, and relocated for the night.

Black Hills Energy is on location to fix the problem.

LFR says the building should be habitable by Wednesday.

Previous Story:

Lincoln Fire and Rescue is on the scene of hazardous materials response in northwest Lincoln.

The call came in around 9:30 p.m., Tuesday, near the area of NW 22nd and Q Streets.

Details are limited at this time, but we do have a reporter on the scene.

We will bring you the latest details as they become available.

Stay with Channel 8 Eyewitness News for the latest updates.

Categories: Top Stories