Six shot, no suspects in custody, Lincoln Police say in update on weekend crime

Two handguns were recovered from Sunday's house party shooting.

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Check out our Facebook to view the complete press conference by the Lincoln Police Department as they provide updates on the shootings that took place over the weekend.

Saturday’s Shooting 

Early Saturday around 2:30 a.m., three people were injured in a shooting that took place near 11th and 0 Streets, Lincoln Police say.

Physical altercations initially took place inside the bar at 1:44 am. said police.  Officers initially responded to the bar to separate the parties involved.

A short time later, another argument began outside of the bar which is when three people were shot.

Officers responded to the scene outside and found three injured victims.  They began life-saving care until Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews arrived, police say.

A 22-year-old woman is still in critical condition with life-threatening injuries, a 25-year-old man is in serious but stable condition, and a 26-year-old male was treated and released for his injuries.

As of Monday morning, no arrests have been made but police do have suspects.  O Street was closed for hours as the investigators processed the scene.

Police ask people who were in the area at the time to review any video on their phones to see if they have any evidence or additional information.

“When an officer responds to an incident where multiple people are injured, specifically a shooting, it’s incredibly chaotic.” said a Lincoln Police Chief, Teresa Ewins.  “You have a number of people, you don’t know who shot, you don’t know who was involved, you’re trying to render aid, you’re trying to figure out who was injured so it is difficult.”

Sunday’s Shooting

Almost exactly 24 hours after Saturday’s shooting, a man called 911 to report that he was shot, police say.

During a party near 30th and P Streets, two men were fatally shot inside the home.

When officers arrived at the residence, they found the men unresponsive and a trail of blood leading from the home.

Police attempted lifesaving measures but both men died from their injuries.

A short time later, a third shooting victim, a 19-year-old man arrived at a local hospital.  He is now in stable condition, police say.

Police have recovered two handguns from the crime scene.


Police also provided an update on the city’s first homicide of the year which took place on Thursday.

SEE ALSO: Victim identified in Lincoln’s first homicide of the year

Lincoln Police are still waiting on autopsy results to officially determine the cause of death.  However, police did say that during an altercation, Henry Lee Jones was hit over the head with a “large wooden stick.”

Police do not believe any of these incidents are related and there is no further threat to the public.

Anyone with information on the recent incidents are encouraged to call Lincoln Police at to call 402-441-6000 or Crime Stoppers at 402-475-3600.

Categories: Breaking News, Lancaster, News, Top Stories