Nebraska’s Division of Developmental Disabilities to hold state-wide town hall
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Nebraska’s Division of Developmental Disabilities will host its annual statewide town hall in November.
The division’s director, Tony Green, will visit seven cities throughout the state to receive input on services provided by the division.
Green will also provide the public with updates on future initiatives.
“Nearly 12,000 Nebraskans who are aging and/or experiencing a disability are receiving long-term support through one of our Waiver programs”, Green said in a statement, “This is an opportunity to hear what’s working well, and where there are opportunities for enhancements to our services and supports.”
Anyone who would like to learn more about Home and Community-Based Service Waivers for the developmentally disabled, aged and disabled, traumatic brain injury or pending family support waiver is encouraged to attend.
The in-person town halls will take place at the following locations:
- Monday, Nov. 7 from 6 to 8 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- John Harms Center, Room A108C/D, 2620 College Park, Scottsbluff, NE 69361
- North Platte:
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Mid Plains Community College – North Campus, Room 202, 1101 Halligan Dr., North Platte, NE 69101
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center – Stateroom F, 110 Second Ave, Kearney, NE 68848
- Thursday, Nov. 10 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- DHHS Building – Norfolk, Conference Room 110, 209 North 5th St, Norfolk, NE 68701
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Sump Memorial Library, South Meeting Room, 222 N. Jefferson St., Papillion, NE 68406
- Thursday, Nov. 17 from 6 to 7:45 p.m.
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior St, Lincoln, NE 68521
- Tuesday, Nov. 29 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Omaha State Office Building, Douglas Conference Center, 1313 Farnam St., Omaha, NE 68102