President Biden signs the $1.2 trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal into law
WASHINGTON, D.C. (KLKN) – President Joe Biden has signed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill at approximately 4:25 EST, promising significant investments in every pocket of the country. The enactment of the bipartisan infrastructure bill into law marks a significant accomplishment for the Biden administration.
“My fellow Americans, today I want you to know we hear you, and we see you. The bill I’m about to sign into law is proof that, despite the cynics, Democrats and Republicans can come together and deliver results,” Biden said. “We can deliver real results for real people we see in ways that really matter each and every day to each person out there. And we’re taking a monumental step forward to ‘Build Back Better’ as a nation.”
Key points of the bipartisan infrastructure deal include:
- $550 billion in new spending
- $110 billion for highways, roads, and bridges
- $66 billion for passenger rail
- $65 billion in high-speed internet
- $55 billion for water
- $39 billion in public transit
- $25 billion for airports
- $7.5 billion for electric vehicle charging stations
- $17 billion for ports, among other areas.
For additional information and more details on where allotted funds are anticipated to go, visit whitehouse.gov.