Saturday’s Service: Here’s what you need to know
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Saturday morning a public funeral service for LPD Investigator Mario Herrera is being held. There are several ways to be involved and here is a list of everything you need to know throughout the day.
Also, if you don’t plan on attending in-person, Channel 8 will be covering and streaming the funeral live, including aerial video from an NSP helicopter, both on-air and online starting at 8 a.m. Saturday.
- LOCATION: Pinnacle Bank Arena (PBA), 400 Pinnacle Arena Drive
- DATE: Saturday, Sept. 12.
- TIME: 8:30 a.m.
BEFORE you leave your house:
- If you plan to bring a bag, make sure it is a clear, plastic bag. (PBA clear bag policy)
- Be aware of what items you plan to bring as items like empty plastic water bottles, umbrellas, and diaper bags are prohibited. (PBA clear bag policy)
- Do pack FACE MASKS (required) and hand sanitizer.
- Plan your route ahead of time, as intersections and streets will be closed off for the processions. (List of closures)
- Public parking will be available at Pinnacle Bank Arena’s Festival Lot. LPD is asking attendees to park in this lot and walk over the pedestrian bridge to get to the arena. (map)
- Doors open to the public at 8:30 a.m.
- The *pre-procession will depart from Butherus Maser & Love Funeral Home, 4040 “A” Street, at 8:30 a.m. (Pre-procession route)
- The funeral service is set to begin at 10 a.m.
- Once the funeral service comes to a close, there will be a **post-procession from the arena to Calvary Cemetary, near 40th and “O” streets. (Post-procession route)
- The burial services will be PRIVATE. The family has requested only LPD and family attend.
On the day of the funeral, LPD is requesting assistance from Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office, University of Nebraska Police, and Nebraska State Patrol to respond to calls for service within the city limits. If you need to make a report or have an emergency, be aware that you may see an agency other than LPD responding to you.
*The pre-procession will travel east on A Street, south on S. 48th Street to Normal Blvd. It will continue northwest on Normal Blvd toward downtown, turning north on Antelope Valley Parkway, west on N Street, then north on Pinnacle Arena Drive until reaching the arena.
** The post-procession will follow Pinnacle Arena Drive north, veering right at N 9th Street to travel south. The procession will continue south on N 9th Street, turning east on O Street, south on S 27th Street, east on Randolph Street, then north on S 40th Street to O Street, where it will end.