Two residents displaced after overnight fire

Battalion chief Mark Majors tells Channel 8 the fire started after an electric furnace malfunctioned, sparking some flames.
Lincoln Fire

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Two people have been displaced after a small fire broke out at a six-unit apartment building in North Lincoln.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue was called out to the building near North 48th Street and Gladstone Street around 2:45 a.m. on Friday.

Battalion chief Mark Majors tells Channel 8 the fire started after an electric furnace malfunctioned, sparking some flames. He says crews were called twice to the scene since it was hard to locate blaze initially.

There’s no dollar estimate on the damage caused by the fire, but Majors tells us there was some damage to the flooring of a couple of the  apartments.

This is a developing story and we will provide more updates as we receive them.

Categories: Breaking News, Nebraska News, News