Cigarette causes $30,000 in damage after starting a house fire in Lincoln, officials say

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Lincoln Fire and Rescue says an improperly discarded cigarette started a house fire early Monday morning.

More than a dozen units were called to the home near South 30th and D streets just before 1:00 a.m.

Officials tell Channel 8 the fire was contained to a single bedroom, but caused an estimated $30,000 in damage.

Three people and a dog were inside the house when flames began spreading.   They are not able to return at this time.

LFR says everyone made it out safely and all of the firefighters are OK as well.

This was the second of two overnight fires in Lincoln.

Officials say extreme cold impacted both operations.

Categories: Breaking News, Lancaster, News, Top Stories