Man rescued after fire starts in Lincoln apartment building 

Fire truck

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A man was rescued after a fire started in an apartment complex Sunday night, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue.

LFR says crews responded around 8:30 p.m. to an apartment complex near 40th and G Streets.

Authorities said light smoke was coming from a basement apartment and they learned a man was stuck inside.

Crews were able to locate the man and carry him out of the building.

He was treated at a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The man was unable to walk due to a previous medical condition, authorities said.

LFR says the fire was started by unattended cooking in the kitchen.

Categories: Lancaster, Nebraska News, News