Ryan Larsen’s mother seeks to have him declared dead

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The mother of Ryan Larsen, who went missing in La Vista almost two years ago, is petitioning to have her son declared dead.

The petition filed earlier this month in Sarpy County Court argues that Ryan “was exposed to a specific peril or tragedy resulting in probable death.”

In the petition, Tammi Larsen bases her belief that her son is dead on his autism and other medical conditions.

“Unless Ryan Larsen is under the supervision of a suitable caretaker, his medical conditions prevent him from exercising the necessary self-care to sustain his own life,” the document says.

Ryan was last seen on May 17, 2021, when he left La Vista Elementary School.

He was 11 years old.

His disappearance sparked a massive search effort, but police have yet to find any solid leads.

SEE ALSO: One year later, Ryan Larsen is still missing, and authorities are puzzled

The petition says Larsen plans to sue the school and the school district over “the personal injury and death caused by the negligence or wrongful act or omission of these parties.”

She needs a death certificate “in order to receive lawful benefits and pursue legal remedies,” according to the petition.

Categories: Nebraska News, News