Fire causes $200,000 in damage at south Lincoln apartment

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Firefighters extinguished flames at a south Lincoln apartment building on Monday.

The fire started around 10:50 a.m. at an apartment complex near 27th Street and Nebraska Parkway.

When Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews arrived, fire and smoke were coming from inside the building, Battalion Chief Bob Watton said.

Firefighters were able to quickly get water on the flames, stopping the blaze from reaching the attic.

Fire Inspector Jason Relford said it appeared that the fire started because something had been left on a stove.

The fire caused $200,000 in damage to the apartment building, Relford said.

Residents in three apartment units will be displaced due to the damage, and no one was injured, according to Watton.

Categories: Lancaster, News, Top Stories