Spotty thunderstorms later today 5/25/2021
Thunderstorms are currently impacting the southwestern half of the state while the southeastern half is on the dry side. The line of storms is inching closer to the Tri-Cities and soon they will see rain likely around 7:30 AM. All of us are stuck under the clouds though and this is helping keep out temperatures on the mild side in the 60s. The afternoon will start off on the dry side for most with the chance for a bit of sunshine. But eventually thunderstorms will pop up across the southeastern half of the state and this will continue into the evening. Temperatures will still top out in the low to mid-80s despite the storms and overnight we will quickly cool! The rain will move out along with the clouds, and overnight lows will return to average in the mid-50s for the first time in a week. We remain dry for most of your Wednesday, but strong to severe storms are likely late in the day overnight into Thursday. Temperatures cool down to the 70s for the end of the week with slightly drier conditions.
- TODAY: Thunderstorms and showers will move eastward into the area throughout the morning. More scattered thunderstorms will likely bubble up into the afternoon. HIGH: 84
- WEDNESDAY: Great day to mow the lawn! It will be hot and humid, but we finally will be dry with sunny skies. SEVERE WEATHER RISK overnight into Thursday morning. HIGH: 82
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy skies with the chance for showers and thunderstorms throughout the day. HIGH: 78
- FRIDAY: Cooler temperatures stick around, and we dry out! Mostly clear skies with highs in the low 70s. HIGH: 73
- SATURDAY: Another beautiful day with sunny skies and great mowing temperatures in the mid-70s. HIGH: 72
Meteorologist Brittany Foster