UPDATE: LFR rescues puppy from apartment explosion

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Lincoln Fire Inspector Hilger believes the fire was caused by an unattended candle. Damages are estimated to be 5,000 dollars.

An explosion was reported at an apartment building near 60th and Fremont Streets 6 p.m. Thursday.
Callers reported that the explosion came from the second story of the apartment, causing a window to blow out. Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to the area and found a small kitchen fire. No one was in the apartment at the time, except for a puppy which crews rescued.
No injuries were reported.
LFR says the explosion may have been a ‘smoke explosion’; when combustible products, smoke, pressure, and temperature combine, causing an explosion. Officials say it’s “kind of an anomaly”.
Fire Inspector Hilger is leading the investigation into the fire.
Categories: Lancaster