Husker men’s basketball returns to court after long layoff

The Huskers tweeted out "Back to Ball" on Monday and are scheduled to travel to Michigan State on Saturday. Nebraska had been previously paused from all team activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak with the program. 
Fred Hoiberg On Shooting Woes

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The Nebraska men’s basketball team is back to work, finally.

The Huskers tweeted out “Back to Ball” on Monday and are scheduled to travel to Michigan State on Saturday. Nebraska had been previously paused from all team activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak with the program.

During a radio appearance in January, athletic director Bill Moos said the Huskers had around 30 members of the team who tested positive for the coronavirus, including head coach Fred Hoiberg.

Hoiberg confirmed on the Husker Sports Network that 15 members of the Nebraska basketball program tested positive for COVID-19. He said the virus “spread like wildfire” throughout the program, starting with one player and going from there.

Hoiberg had all the symptoms, saying he’d feel good during the mornings but by the time the afternoon rolled around, it felt like “a truck hit him.” He said the players were mostly asymptomatic.

The Huskers now look ahead to the remainder of the season after they haven’t played a game since Jan. 10, when they lost to Indiana. Hoiberg said the Big Red will attempt to play 14 or 15 games over the next 32 days.

Tip-off between Nebraska and Michigan State is set for 5:30 p.m. on BTN on Saturday.

Categories: Husker Sports, Sports