Mild Christmas Day Forecast 12/25/2020
Christmas day is off to a bitter cold start! Current temperatures are in the single digits and teens around southeast Nebraska. Wind chill values could drop below zero as we get closer to sunrise and wind speeds pick up. But a big jump in temperatures is on the way for the afternoon! Highs soar well above average by the afternoon today in the mid-40s with sunny skies. Temperatures drop back down to the teens overnight with the slight chance for some patchy fog. Warm weather sticks around into Saturday before temperatures fall into Sunday. Accumulating snow and cold temperatures are in the forecast for most of next week.
- TODAY: Christmas day will start off cold, but end on the mild side! Highs will top out in the low to mid-40s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 43
- SATURDAY: Temperatures continue to warm in the mid-40s with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 45
- SUNDAY: Here comes the drop! Temperatures fall down to the mid-30s with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 34
- MONDAY: Overcast skies with highs in the upper 20s. HIGH: 28
- TUESDAY: Wintry mix with highs back in the mid-30s. HIGH: 35
Meteorologist Brittany Foster